Need something quick, easy, and delicious for a little get together?
When I'm in a pinch, this is my easy go-to that usually take less than 35 minutes. The best part? You can mix in any fruit you have on hand, making this even a little more mindless.
All you need is:
2 1/2 cup oats (I have a mix of steel cut and regular, but whatever you have is fine)
1 cup of butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
32 oz frozen mixed berries (I've used as little as 16 oz when it's all I had and it was fine! It was just a little thinner than usual)
Here's what you do:
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Get a large skillet and place it on your burner at medium heat. Melt a 1/2 cup of butter, 1 tsp of vanilla, 1/3 cup of brown sugar. Mix well together.
- Mix in oats
- Put the mix into a round pan (9x9" or a pie pan)
- Put the pan back on the stove and add 1/2 cup butter to it with the 1 tsp vanilla, and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add in frozen fruit and stir in until fruit has warmed. I like to bring mine to a light boil.
- Add fruit mixture on top of the oats and spread it until it evenly covers the pan.
- Pop in the oven and bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes
Let it cool and enjoy! There's your easy fruity crisp.